Thursday 26 June 2008

Microchipped

Mum forgot to tell you all that ive been microchipped , at least two weeks ago now ... really , her memory is awful , but at least she never forgets to feed me , hehehehe
didnt bother me getting it done either , the nice vet lady put some treats down for me and I was so busy chomping them up I didnt notice that she used this huge needle to inject the microchip ... im soooooo brave huh (can you just forget im a greedy boy when it comes to treats , lol)

My collar broke today on the field ... I was training , wearing my longline , with Mum and this woman came onto the field with three small kids and a big dog , she let the dog off the lead and he came bouncing up to us straight away , Mum told me to sit and I did , but this dog just kept jumping on me knocking me over , he was friendly enough , but I could tell Mum wasnt happy that the dog wasnt under control ... the woman and kids were screaming the dogs name but he took no notice so they came over , put him on his lead and left ... less than 200 yards away she let the dog off the lead again , and he came straight back and knocked me over again ... by now Mum was very annoyed and asked the woman to control her dog. She said ok , put him back on the lead and told my Mum he never came back when they called him , then she took him across to the other side of the field ..... all done yes ?
Not a chance , once over the other side of the field she let him off lead again ... and yup , he came straight back to us , Mum didnt see him coming and he barreled right into me and tore the longline off my collar , ripping the D-ring , my tag and my hi-res blinker off ( which made me yelp cos it hurt my neck) ... which are now lost , somewhere on the field , Mum couldnt find them even though she searched for ages :(
eventually the kids came over for their dog (I guess the woman could see how angry Mum was and didnt want to come herself)

Anyway , Mums ordered me a new collar , and even though it made her cry , she is letting me use her Buddys collar until my new one gets here ... I promised her id look after and treasure my time wearing Buds collar cos I know how much she still misses him , im giving her extra licks and snuggles tonight cos she is missing him more cos of the collar

2 comments:

  1. Awwwhhhhh, Toffee, you are just so very sweet!! I know you'll take very good care of Buddy's collar. You must be very proud to wear it, even tho' it makes Mum so sad. It's like there's a part of Buddy with you at all times.

    Hugs and kisses,
    Linda (GeminiSunn17)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toffee, you are getting more handsome with each passing day!
    I hate when other people let their dogs run, I know that you and Calisto don't blame them because it's not their fault.
    I agree with your mum, she needs to learn how to control her dog so that it can be almost as good as you!!

    Aunt Joyce

    ReplyDelete