Friday 25 April 2008

First walk

Today my Mum took me up the fields for a run ... she wouldnt let me off the long leash though cos she said she hasnt trained me to come back on command yet , and she's worried I might keep running and get into trouble. The long leash is good though , I get more than enough lead to let me run and play and investigate.
I met another dog and his owner on the field, the lady was really nice and made a big fuss of me , once id got over my initial shyness with her ... her dog , splotch , was a springer spaniel , and huge (well he was to me) but he was friendly.
My playmate , Jamie , one of the kidlets , managed to find the only mudpatch in the whole field and fell over in it ... Mum said he looked like a mud monster and had to bath him and wash his clothes when we got home , I was good, only my paws were muddy
Later im getting a pavement walk up to something called a church ... Mum says now im protected by my injections we're going into the field again every day and im getting three other walks a day too ... sounds like fun :)
Heres me posing for the camera yesterday

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you enjoyed your run in the fields, Toffee. I know your mum & she is very proud of you. It's nice that you made a new friend, Splotch.
    Well, you have fun on your walks, especially the ones to the field.
    hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. arwwww, already guardin ur home lol, i dont think many people are scared off u tho sweetie lol, only the birds lol :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete