Thursday 20 June 2013

Meet Kai my new dog

He came all the way from Bucharest in Romania courtesy of the bandofhope.romanianrescue .... (I dont know if you know about the situation with the Romanian government killing strays and dogs that are already in rescues over there , its heartbreaking)

He is about 18 months old and was found in a field along with his wife and their litter of pups ... thankfully all of them were legally got out of Romania and have found homes here in the UK , and lucky me got to adopt Kai :D

The poor love is rack thin , I can feel every bone in his spine and every rib , and thats after being fed lots by his fosterer this last week , so you can imagine just how hard its been for him over in Romania :(

He is super intelligent and very sweet and loving but a bit of a houdini , so he is staying on his longline , even in my garden , until I can trust his recall 100%
As for his intelligence within half an hour he worked out where the dog food bin was and how to get the lid off so I had to move that into my pantry , the little tinker 

Welcome to your new jail Kai , where every window and door is locked and any outside time is supervised while you are tethered to your new guard , lol

Heres a few piccies of my new baby .. YAY 







1 comment:

  1. Awww, he is so adorable Mese and I love you for taking him in. He must have had such a hard time. He sure is blessed to have found you and I am sure you feel the same. I bet in a few weeks we are going to see a different Kai .. well fed, loved and fun to be around with. :D
    Thanks for sharing hon. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete