Monday 27 September 2010

Good boy Toffee :D

I know im being silly but im literally jumping out of my seat writing this im soooo proud of my boy

He has always been very reactive towards the postman , if he knows he is in the street then he gets very excited and runs around , hackles up , whining and growling which sets off my other two ... its just excitement , theres never any aggression
Up til now i've had zero luck getting him to respond to me and ignore the postie ... til today

No lead attached to him & no treats (neithers worked in the past) , its just me and him sitting in front of me , im talking calmly to him , telling him what a good boy he is and though his ears show he is very aware that the postie is around he only made one tiny move to jump around but quickly refocused on me when I said ' ah-ah , watch me '
Even Gypsy barking like a loon didnt unsettle him , and because Toffee wasnt bouncing around Teddy never reacted at all

He got tons of praise and hugs after our gate clanged shut , he couldnt get enough hugs , he kept coming back for more looking all pleased with himself :)

I know tomorrow it might all go back the way it was ... but today was def a step in the right direction

No comments:

Post a Comment